Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Slideshow & Photo Link

Hello! I just started a new slideshow with photos from Tanzania thus far. The same photos are in a picassa album as well. The next photo update will have real live kids and my colorful classroom!!!

I'm taking a minute from prepping for Monday right now. Monday is the first day of school! After four weeks of orientations I am happy to get to work.

This week has been interesting... getting used to a new school with different organizational patterns and curriculum philosophy. I have a lot more freedom here in what and how I teach, though the standards are high. There is a lot of "feeling things out" yet to come.

It has also been a challenging week, as I got tired and overwhelmed... setting up my class/curriculum, associating with all new people... and felt spiritually buffeted. I am looking to Christ for the affirmation/strength/love I need. He blessed me with a new friend, who has been here many years and can identify with my stuggles specifically. She encouraged me with scriptures and prayed with me, which lifted much of the cloud, enabling me to get to work and look forward to meeting those kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment