Friday, September 2, 2011

A tast of my transportation experiences...

I walked to Afrikaana Junction after school yesterday, where I hopped on the back of a bicycle "side-saddle" in my white skirt. The bicycle driver whisked me away to my destination, my friend's house to study some scriptures and pray and walk. I love riding on the back of a bike. It's exciting to trust the driver and my balance. It's refreshing to feel the breeze and watch the trees and people whisk by. I wish I could offer a photo, but so far this has been a solitary experience. I'll consider taking a photo of myself riding after I feel very sure of my balance!

On the way to Afrikaana Junction, a most busy place of car/bus/truck/bajaji mayhem, many vehicles passed that had a title displayed on their windshield. I smiled many times.

One truck was titled, Mercy of God.
A bus was Thank You Jesus.
Some were in Swahili, such as Bwana wa Majeshi = God of Armies.
After all that holiness I giggled at the contrasting Pluto 3 and Mafia Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment