Saturday, January 14, 2012

Something New

We had a day off school this Thursday... and for the first time since I came to Tanzania I made a picture. It's inspired by my bathroom window. The mediums include African fabrics, crayon, paper bag, acrylic, ...and glitter, thanks to generous glitter donors!

It was a refreshing time, creating, seeing which mediums would supply the colors I wanted, with music and sermons providing a soul soundtrack.

Other things that are new:
  • The Simbiti people group near Musoma are starting to read their language for the first time, including passages from Luke. Read more.
  • We are reading James and the Giant Peach AND The BFG in class.
  • A group of girls who struggle with hurt feelings and little fights explained to me yesterday that they have been praying together and with their moms, and that the friendship disturbances have waned!
  • Kara, one of our five housemates, went back to the states, as had been planned. We have a new temporary housemate. Transition!
  • I plan to start helping with a program that works with local village kids once a week.
  • I can speak a little bit more in Kiswahili, thanks to my quick language studies over break.
  • Pineapples aren't as acidic as in the USA, so I can eat half a fruit with no sore throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment