Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mbudya Island

Well, I don't think any of you are feeling particularly sorry for me... but in case you were, because of the heat or humidity or centipedes or kids who don't listen to me, or something, pity no more! Here are some photos of where I woke up last Saturday morning.

We had a five day weekend for mid-term break. (Which by the way means the year is more than half over. Wow!) Some friends and I went to Mbudya Island for the day. A few of us hiked around the whole island. I was excited, because the tide has been too far in the other two times I've been to the island. We found coral caves, pictured below, with holes to the sky, on the back side of Mbudya.

After a day of hiking, swimming, and eating fresh fish, most of the friends went home. Jen and I, however, had a fire built for us and donned sweatshirts for the first time in months as we cozied up for the night. It was actually too cold! However that was a blessing because I woke up about every two hours and enjoyed the traveling stars and full moon, walked a bit on the beach, stoked the fire, and fell back asleep. There I am in my louge-bed, right where I slept, not more than a few feet from the Indian Ocean!


No comments:

Post a Comment