Monday, April 9, 2012

Mbeya Trip

 Small aircraft!
I went with two friends to Mbeya, in the south of Tanzania, for Easter Break. We got to fly to Mbeya on a small aircraft!
Mbeya is peaceful and beautiful. We hiked up Loleza Peak, pictured here. It was so good to get out on a hike. There are sunflowers everywhere, grown for the oil.
Mbeya was cold, especially to my thin Dar blood!
We stayed with two SIL friends. I got to visit friends who I did SIL training with this summer. Pictured here is a couple who are beginning linguistic work on a new language in the Mbeya cluster project. I also visited families who have young kids, to discuss possiblities for teaching in the future (after I finish my 2 years in Dar). I'm not making any decisions now (even about whether I'll stay in Africa or not), but it's good to hear about possibilities. Please pray that God would guide the exploring and decision making.   

Loleza Peak

Linguists









No comments:

Post a Comment