Sunday, May 27, 2012

He's Pretty Cute Too


I met these two goats on the way to church this morning, along the side of a busy road. I stopped to buy some water at a duka (shop) after that. A fellow customer asked me where I was from, then how is America different from Tanzania. I told him it is cooler and there are less goats on the side of the road. I didn't think to mention that American goats aren't usually graced with quite as groovy hair styles as this particular goat.
Then I went to church. It was good to worship and see fellow members of the body. My favorite thought was from Ephesians 2:10, that we are created for specific good works. Here so many missionaries are doing so many good works, that I compare myself and feel like I should be doing more more more. It made me smile to think that maybe I'm here just to teach kids by day and listen to my Greek neighbor, sipping Greek coffee, occasionally by night.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus 
for good works, 
which God prepared beforehand 
that we should walk in them. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I had to work through this process (comparison) as well. Just shared on Eph 2:10 this morning with highschoolers - such a good reminder!
    And... yes. goats. Love it!

    ReplyDelete