Saturday, March 9, 2013

Family Meal



Last weekend all my housemates were gone. I got invited over to the house of a couple along with a family of four, all whom I've known since my first day in Tanzania. The couple are long time SIL missionaries. They brought their children up in Papua New Guinea. There, Sunday dinner was always pretzels, because it's easy to make more dough for more friends to join. And, they're fun to create in all sorts of shapes, quick to bake, and yummy to dip in anything from cream cheese to jam. We joined in their tradition, making guitars, hearts, unicorns, spirals... and a gecko! It's fortifying to have family time, when I am far from my own. Sharing a meal and conversation with mixed age levels and people who know you pretty well is a welcome comfort.

1 comment:

  1. What fun MMMM tasty art! I love the gecko (did Michael make it?)

    ReplyDelete