Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Just to Prove I'm in Africa...

I know a lot of you must be skeptical about my whereabouts, as lions, elephants, and zebras aren't seen in many of my newsletters nor blog posts. Well, last weekend I went to Ruaha National Park to gather all the proof necessary. The park holds 20,000 acres of undulating hills and open flatland, divided by a meandering river, scattered with acacia trees and other bush. We (two new friends, from Germany and Turkey respectively) had a fabulous guide. He was able to find us virtually every African animal in the books: leopard, lions (one pride gnawing on a buffalo), cheetah, ostriches, warthogs, jackals, elephants, giraffes, zebras, gazelles, impalas, hornbills, pelicans, storks, and many other varieties of birds. I think that just leaves rhino, which is an endangered animal, and extinct in this park. Even our guide was amazed at all we saw, an awesome presentation of God's creativity, sense of humor, peace (except for the buffalo-gnawing part), and beauty.

1 comment:

  1. Must have been amazing to see all those animals in the wild!

    ReplyDelete