Monday, April 28, 2014

Why I like that music video...

I really liked that music video for a few reasons... and I think they all have to do with transition. I think I shared a similar graphic when I was in Dar... and now it's all happening again!!!

Changing to a new job, new people, new town, new cultural norms, and deeper language interaction is a lot. It's normal for people in any life change to go through this cycle of ups and downs. Lately I've felt more in the down part... The "who am I?" question.

Who am I when no one here really knows me yet? Who am I when I make friends with a person from a completely different culture and socio-economic bracket? Who am I when I'm writing policy to help a learning center keep families on the field? The answer, I know, is to first as, "Who is God?" then "Who does He say I am?" Even that feels difficult and foreign sometimes. So that's why I like the video... a visual/audio reminder of My Lighthouse, the beauty He creates, how He created us to be creative in worship, and how we get to do that together, in the Body... or the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment