Sunday, December 7, 2014

Joy to Musoma

My housemate, 7 new friends, and I got into a Land Cruiser last Wednesday and covertly cruised around Musoma, spreading Christmas cheer. We stopped at a missionary family's house, jumped out, lured them to their gates with melodic song, sang a little more, gave some cookies, then jumped back in the vehicle for another go. Times 9.

My favorite stop was number 2. These boys were surprised in their baths*. The younger brother was completely comfortable with an audience of carolers. The older brother stayed in his crouch for all our songs.

Overall, it was good to sing and re-sing the carols, meditating on the wonder and grace of Christ: "A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn."

*Disclaimer: I do not take pictures of kids in baths. Their father offered and I couldn't refuse the hilarity of the situation being recorded:)

1 comment: