Friday, May 22, 2015

This Is How We Roll


How do I get around town? Well, generally I walk. But, the store with the ice cream (and a few other essentials) is a long walk away... too long for melting ice cream or heavy loads. So, I hail a piki piki (a motorcycle). 

There are hundreds zipping around town, so it's easy. It's cheap too. And it's fun... the wind blowing in your hair, the 360 degree view... Safety is a question, but it's hard to weigh that against practicality. (This is definitely an area where living here has changed my habits... I've slipped into TZ normal, which isn't terribly safety conscious. Though, I do try to be moderate... hence the helmet) 


And how do you ride a piki? Well, you can go single or double. My mom (left) chose single, riding side saddle with the man who loves his job. Ronit and I (right) sat straddle-style to make room for going mishkaki, which means two or more passengers but literally means "shish kabob." :)






No comments:

Post a Comment