Saturday, September 3, 2016

Mer-chicks and Aerial Octopi















A little ludicrous conversation with friends Friday night led to this title, and I wanted to use it because it makes me smile. I have no other explanation.

Or maybe it's about transformation, and being light-hearted in the midst of transition... :) Transition is afoot. After being back in my house for a couple months, my housemate of two years is about to leave Musoma and I'll be house-sitting at a new place. I'm sad to see Ronit (soaring on the motorcycle) and our house go, but I'm so thankful for the blessing they've both been. I'm uncertain about living on my own for the first time in ten years but I know God will provide good things in this new stage of my life.

He, Our Father of Lights, gives so many good and perfect gifts (James 1:17): metallic green birds, a new friendship for talk and prayer, a funny student picking up garbage with his feet, a creative useful job that fits me, a house with a view of the lake (that's where I'll be staying!), songs that speak His Word to my heart...

3 comments:

  1. It's great to recognize the various ways God blesses us as we feel his care for us in the big and small things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to recognize the various ways God blesses us as we feel his care for us in the big and small things.

    ReplyDelete