Saturday, October 1, 2016

Ten Things I Like About Now

I'm still in Musoma, teaching at Lake Victoria Learning Center, a place and job I love. However, I recently left my house, and my housemate left for new life adventures. I miss things about the old house (our passion fruit vine, how you could stick plastic bags to dry on the tile walls of the kitchen...). I miss Ronit (laughing together, sharing meals... That list is longer than the first!).

But sometimes missing is a good thing; it's joyful remembering (maybe with tears) and thanks for gifts God has given. It's good as long as I trust that He meant that good to end and another good to begin. And I do. I falter at times, but I do trust.

Here are ten good things I see God putting into now.
  1. A stunning 30 minute walk to work passing lake, boats, ladies selling fish, etc.
  2. Watching the lake from my back porch and hearing it during the night
  3. Sweet commraderie with friends/family here and away via WhatsApp, even if I'm home alone
  4. More time for quiet things like praying and reading and just sitting
  5. Knowing that God has good plans for the future, and waiting to see what those are
  6. Getting to know people here in new ways because I have more open time
  7. Going to bed early
  8. Being able to manage the responsibilities of house (cooking, expenses, employees, etc...)
  9. Cooler temperatures and less mosquitoes
  10. Having a cat around to sit on my lap and watch hunt... though I wish she'd find some mice instead of geckos

No comments:

Post a Comment