Saturday, January 14, 2017

My Fridge

When people live overseas there are items that are priority, regardless of limited luggage space, which might surprise. For me, glitter is important. So are favorite art pieces and handmade dishes. Then there are magnets. My grandparents collected magnets from trips, and I always liked looking at their collection. I think I caught the fetish from them. Some of my magnets are theirs, some from my own trips, some are presents, some I made... Many are art pieces in themselves. But the best thing about magnets is that they hold photos.

Mostly I have photos of friends and family who aren't near me now. There are memories of adventures and holidays and shared meals. They bring smiles when I'm putting toast in the toaster, or taking something out of the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment