Saturday, December 23, 2017

Saved by the Seal

I've enjoyed so many parts of reconnecting with people and re-entering the Pacific Northwest... beauty, laughter, food, taking a day at a time. Every now and then, though, it gets to be a bit much. I get tired and miss Tanzania and loose perspective of God's goodness. On one such day, I was walking along Elliot Bay in Seattle, praying and wishing I could snap back into enjoying-things-mode. I stopped on the beach and my prayer was answered in an unexpected, enchanting way. This seal was taking a nap. When I woke him up he wiggled his flipper at me. Then he sucked on sand (to get a drink?!). After awhile he shoved himself along the sand and out into the bay. Somehow that unique sight in nature gave me back my perspective. I felt special and free. And I started enjoying the day at hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment