Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Good Day

The lovely park and a duck.
I've had some hard days lately. I got sick, missed work and hung out with myself a lot one week. Also, hearing sad stories of deaths and troubles in the world darkened my days a little more. Then, my insufficiencies impacted me more than usual... unkindness, lack of wisdom, lack of boldness. I'm sure all this was compounded with the stress of packing and leaving all my family, friends, and comfortable known life...

Anyway, I had an opportunity to spend some time in the park by my house, presenting all my worries to my Father... in the way any child having a bad day does--with tears. God met me with a peaceful knowledge of His presence and His goodness, even when the world IS sad and I am NOT perfect. I wrote a poem... not a common activity for me. Here it is.

A Good Day

sorrow anger fear
crying
in the park
everything in me is wrong
as is in the world
yet still
Light shines on my closed eyes
and irises grow yellow
God is here
all is not good
but I offer my cares
one step around the park
at a time

friends' answered prayers
God's Spirit
on and in
an earthen vessel

1 comment:

  1. Very Sweet Sarah! You may not be perfect but you've often been part of an answer to my prayers!

    ReplyDelete