Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Zoo-er-ific!!!

Wild drumming in the African villiage!
Flamingos strutting their stuff.
 I had the pleasure of going to the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle this Memorial Weekend, with eleven of my favorite people! My house-mate, my brother, my close Sunnyside friends and their two kids, and my dear Gid Harbor friends and their four kids all met at the zoo. We loved the flamingos, copying each other in every wing flap and head bob. The tropical house had real live orchids growing on logs. My brother and I fed the giraffes. There was time to spend with each person, enjoying the sights and catching up. I'm so blessed with friends and thankful to have this time together before I leave... and look forward to the  the support and communication while I'm in Tanzania!

1 comment:

  1. That was so much fun! You're the best sister in the world :)

    Love you-- see you soon for some San Juan adventure!

    ReplyDelete