Thursday, December 1, 2011

International Thanksgiving


So Thanksgiving dinner number one was graciously prepared by an Irish woman whose family has decided that Thanksgiving is a nice holiday. We played a rollicking word game after the meal.

Our house hosted Thanksgiving number two. In attendance were friends from school and SIL, representing Canada, Austria, USA, Northern Ireland, and a bit of Korea and Papa New Guinea. The table was full of yumminess.

A special third Thanksgiving happened via skype... I got to chat with my family at the dinner table as they had TG dinner and I had pumpkin pie with mango and passion fruit for breakfast! I felt like I was right in the room!
And tomorrow evening I will go eat Mexican food in Tanzania at a house restaurant owned by a family from South Africa... How's that for international cuisine?!

No comments:

Post a Comment