Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bondwa Peak in Morogoro

This weekend Emily, Ali, and I went to Morogoro, 3 hours by bus, to hike Bondwa Peak, pictured here, with the peak part in clouds. We hiked with friends I'd met in Iringa at language school and friends of those friends. The route took us from town, through farming land built on the side of steep slopes (picture 2), up into a misty jungle forest (picture 3). The hike took about ten hours.

I was refreshed to be outside in God's creation, breathing in clean plant-scented air, listening to the sounds of animals and breezes. My legs and back are a bit sore, so I know the muscles are preparing for Mt. Kilimanjaro!
And now I have a different climb ahead: the last three weeks of school. There is learning to accomplish, reports to write, a Bible celebration and a class party to prepare for, and many fun school events like sports day and a whole school water fight. I also get to attend a Tanzanian wedding, dinner with our Greek friends, and have a second try at getting my dental filling replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment