Monday, January 6, 2014

Peace Before the Storm :)

I just got back from ten days in Kenya. Some of my new Musoma folk invited me along to a retreat. It was held on a verdant campus, neighboring a tea plantation. The speaker was very encouraging, acknowledging that life is full of struggles and storms, and exhorting us to have faith in God in these times... because He is worthy of our faith. I also enjoyed spending time with the kids and families I will teach for. And, it was fun to have some urban time... shopping, frozen yogurt, and admiring this Kenyan art installation (a modern Masai man). I'm ready to buckle down and prepare for the school term, which starts January 15th... and may or may not be the next storm!

May the God of hope
fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him
so that you may overflow
with hope
by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment