Saturday, October 25, 2014

Simbiti Makes Her Smile

Here's a lady from the Simbiti tribe, one of the languages the office is translating the Bible into here in Musoma. She's reading a booklet that teaches people how to read in their mother tongue. (Many people can read and speak Swahili, but only speak their mother tongue.) These booklets prepare people to read scripture in their mother tongues.

I love the smile. I also love that I got this photo from a post by one of our Tanzanian translators. Both the smile and the post show me that the translation work brings joy. That encourages me, as I support the work by teaching a group of kids!

May the God of hope
fill you with all joy and peace
in believing
so that you may overflow with hope
by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment