Friday, January 30, 2015

Clay Today!

Today was our first art class. It was really fun to introduce the 9 kids (6 learning center kids and 3 from a homeschooling family) to clay.

It's funny, living here makes me realize more strongly what makes up MY culture... It's America, yes. But it's also the granola-eating-and-hiking-on-green-mountains Pacific Northwest, the simplicity of my no-electricity growing up home, the conversation styles of my closest friends... And today I was thinking of the arts culture from my parents, the potters.

I love to learn about and integrate with the culture of Tanzania. But I also love to share the other cultures that God's given me in my life.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! So glad these turned out better than our psuedo-clay pots last year. :P Where did you get the clay!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gilmores kindly lugged 50 lbs of self-dry clay back from the States for us! I got it on Amazon.

      Delete