Sunday, January 18, 2015

Welcome & Work

 I'm baaack! The travel from my parents' doorstep to mine in Musoma took less than 48 hours, a whirlwind of flights from PDX to LAX to IST (Istanbul) to NBO (Nairobi), a taxi to another city in Kenya, then car ride with friends(!) to Musoma!! It was fun: the people-watching, the Turkish meals, reading about the book of Romans, listening to music, sleeping... But, I have paid the price for the speed by having a cold ever since I got back.
I did have energy to go visit our once-a-week house helper, Mama Nik, and her family, which was lovely. And I visited our neighbors. And my friend Pascaria stopped by to say hello today. Visiting upon departure and arrival from a trip is culturally important... Maybe not conducive to loosing a cold though.

I'm hoping that today's rest will be enough to start the week fresh tomorrow... because I want this to be me, happily planning on the classroom floor for THIS semester, which starts in a week. (The photo is from last semester.)

No comments:

Post a Comment