Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Confessions of a Bus Spy



Bus rides in Tanzania are a little different than a Greyhound trip. This weekend I went down to visit Pascaria in the hospital. (Her surgery went well and she's healing up! More later.) I hopped on a bus called Peacemaker and settled in. Then I became a spy, sneaking photos right and left...

After an hour or so a preacher stood up for prayer and a sermon... a common occurrence. He exhorted us to remember God all the time, not just when we're in trouble. Then he prayed for us and our journey.

A while later we pulled over for new passengers, well we did that a lot actually. It's so nice, because vendors are always ready. You can buy beverages, snacks, washcloths (my personal favorite), phone credit, potatoes....

On my way home I got another Peacemaker, this one a bit more crowded. I wedged into a seat right by the driver, surrounded by excess luggage. One man was less lucky; he spent the first few hours trying to snooze on the wheel well!

1 comment:

  1. Hah. And I thought riding the bus from Seattle to North Bend was an adventure!

    ReplyDelete