Saturday, May 7, 2016

Art in Progress

One of my favorite activities of late, maybe right after swinging in the hammock, is working on art. I have about 4 projects going. Some are in the planning mode. I'm testing out techniques on others. Paint is layering up on some. It's really fun.

This one is a memory. The green and yellow will be the background. I made it in an art workshop, where the teacher is sharing organic ways, like pouring paint:), to build up beautiful backgrounds.

It's a memory of my last birthday, when my roommate and I rowed out into the middle of Lake Victoria. You can see us in the pencil drawing, which I'll transfer to the background when it's ready. She's floating and I'm exploding out of the water. Kites (kind of like hawks) fly overhead.

Joyful memory. Joyful process.

No comments:

Post a Comment