Monday, May 16, 2016

Resting... Also in Progress


 Here's another piece in progress! This one's been a long time in the making, because it has to do with what God's been teaching me during the last year...

The scene is inspired by a glorious hike in Bird Creek Meadows on Mt Adams, WA, many years ago. That day He gifted me with a nap on moss along the path, the beauty of mountain streams and flowers, and the fun of not knowing exactly where or how far I was going.

This year He's spoken to me about the removal of all shame, about the beauty He gives in its place, about His enduring love and presence with me, about acceptance, about rest, about trusting Him with my path. He's spoken in many ways, through friends, through His Word, through situations, through nature, through art, through His Spirit in me.

The ground in the painting is textured by verses from the books of Isaiah, Psalms, Jeremiah, Hebrews, etc... I'm resting in the beautiful garments with which He's covered me. Of course, you can't quite see that yet... because it's in progress! And so are the things He's teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment