Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Experience of a Wedding

Last week I wrote Anticipation of a Wedding, and here is the follow-up, in pictures! If you read carefully, you'll see all seven of my anticipations became experience!

Waiting with the choir for the wedding to start.
It started a little late, and went on for 10 hours: ceremony, photos-at-beach, and reception!

The groom meets the bride and lifts her veil to check if it's really her:)
I didn't know that was a custom!
The wedding party dances the bride and groom to the front of the church.
The key to TZian weddings, according to the MC later at the reception, is TARITIBU!,
which means slowly and methodically... So walk slowly, dance slowly, eat cake slowly.
Maybe it's to make the special day last and be strong in your memory.
Mr. Sakwa is definitely happy.




The pastor shares a message. My favorite part was when he told Sakwa that his wife should be as shiny as him;
if he has shiny shoes, make sure hers are shiny; if his hair is shiny, hers should be too!
Somewhere in the sermon is when I saw Mr. Sakwa wiping the tears from his eyes:)

It was good to share the celebration with our other former guard, Jeremiah.

Me and the wedding party.

Wedding photos at the beach! I wish I could show you driving here...
I drove in the wedding procession with the best of them: honking, weaving in-and-out... and I learned:
it's customary to leave your hazard lights on the whole time.

My favorite photo of bride and groom.

Mama of the bride and Mama of the groom. Mama Sakwa and I hung out together a lot,
since I was considered his "dada" (sister).


We danced gifts up to and around the bride and groom.
The reception was full: cake cutting, speeches, dinner (pilau and soda included!), etc...
It was just harder to get OK photos because of the light.

1 comment:

  1. Elated to know about your wonderful traditional wedding experience. Looking forward to arrange a cocktail party for my best friend before his wedding reception. I think one of the garden spaced or rooftop area of wedding venues NYC will be the best for the party planning. Food can be buffet lay out with cup cake and drink stations.

    ReplyDelete