Thursday, July 6, 2017

Ratios!

 Most of the math I taught this semester was concepts that I use everyday... telling time, measuring liquids, multiplying, adding... But sixth grade math was a different story! Algebraic equations, multiplying fractions, story problems with rate... and ratios. Those concepts are not often on my mind.

So, it was fun and heartening when, a few weeks after closing LVLC for the semester, I had a project that required everything I know about ratios, thanks to teaching my grade six students! I had to make posters that fit perfectly into a unique shape on the walls of a conference room (for our branch retreat in Dar es Salaam). All I had was a photo of the wall, graph paper, the measurements of my poster board, and my fresh understanding of ratios.

I put it all together, and this is what I got (x6 posters)!!



1 comment:

  1. Well done, Sarah. Proud of you. Maybe you can use those skills when you come to visit us.

    ReplyDelete