Monday, August 28, 2017

Christian Artists



This month I had the opportunity, as part of my travels and exploring art in missions, to attend a Christian artists conference in Siegburg, Germany. We gathered at a beautifully remodeled monastery. It was a thrill to be with other Christians who also love to communicate through art.

During the days there were lectures and workshops. One of my favorite experiences was a workshop with musicians, singers, dancers, and visual artists, pictured on the bottom right. We read and discussed the message and emotions of Psalm 107, then "prayed" the Psalm without words, improvising in our various art forms. It was a powerful experience of what the Psalm describes: praise, darkness, crying out to God, and joy in His answer. It was also powerful to learn about collaborating with other artists.

In the evenings there were performances by different attendees and slide shows of visual art. That was really fun too! Overall, I'm very thankful for the experience. And I'm praying for guidance as I continue to travel and explore art in missions, seeking what God has next for me.



2 comments:

  1. Good to hear about it, thanks for sharing this bountiful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete